Water Cycle in A Bag
Category: STEM, 6YR+, 7YR+, 8YR+, Water Cycle, Science, Earth Science
Source: Glasgow Science Center
GOAL: Learn about the water cycle through this visual and interactive experiment!
- A clear grip seal bag
- Sticky tape
- Permanent marker pen
- Blue food coloring
- A glass of water
- A window
- Some sunshine!
1. Design your bag. Try to include the sea, some clouds and the sun.
2. Add a few drops of blue food coloring/paint to the water.
3. Pour the water into the bag. Be careful to make sure the water does not touch the sides of the bag.
4. Seal the bag securely and tape it to a window.
5. After approximately 30 minutes you should start to see some water droplets forming on the inside of the bag. Tap them to make it rain inside the bag.
TIME: 1 HOUR
Go through concepts of The Water Cycle: Evaporation, Precipitation, Condensation and more. Lessons on how we should conserve water can also be included.