Last Updated Feb 23, 2017
User Provided Information
The Service obtains the information you provide when you create or modify your account, utilize the services, contact customer support or otherwise communicate with us. When you register with us and use the Service, you generally provide (a) your email address, zip code, password and other registration information; (b) transaction-related information, such as how you interact with the screen, when you dine out or respond to any offers; (c) information you provide us when you contact us for support; (d) information you enter into our system when using the Service, such as contact information.
Automatically Collected Information
In addition, the Service may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of device you use, your device's unique device ID, the IP address of your device, your operating system, the type of Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the Service.
Information Collected from Other Sources
- We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:If you choose to link, create, or log in to your DEAREST account with a payment provider (e.g., Google Wallet) or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- When you interact with our Services, other users may provide us with some feedback on you. We may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from you in your capacity as a customer.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to provide products and services you request and send related information, develop new features, provide customer support to users, authenticate and rate users, and send product updates and administrative messages.
Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and other users / providers or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals and invites.
Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of DEAREST and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards.
Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
Sharing of Information
We may share the information we collect about you:
- With providers to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we may share your profile information upon request.
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us.
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public.
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate.
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- With our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
- If Dearest, Inc. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain the information we collect about you for as long as you use the Service and for a reasonable time thereafter. If you’d like us to delete User Provided Information that you have provided via the Service, please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Information may be required in order for the Service to function properly.
We do not use the Service to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Service. Please be aware that, although we provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Service, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email email@example.com.