Category: Engineering, 3-5yr
GOAL: To learn about what affects the distance and speed the rockets fly.
1. Cut paper into small pieces (2’’ by 4’’ recommended).
2. Decorate paper with crayons, markers, stickers..etc
3. Roll the paper strip loosely around the straw and fold the top of the tube down and tape it.
4. Put the paper on the straw -- and blow!
- Printed paper (light weight paper)
- Tape (or glue)
Race them, aim them at targets, see how far you can blow them. Change the design and see how that affects the distance, speed, and aim. Discuss why.