DIY Can Telephones
Category: Science, 3YR+, 4YR+, 5YR+, Sound, Density
Source: Lemon Lime Adventures
GOAL: Demonstrate how sound vibrations travel from one place to another!
- Tin cans/Plastic Cups
- Duct tape (optional)
- Strings of varying size and thickness
1. Wrap your can/cup with duct tape (You can also decorate your can/cup)
2. Cut a hole in the center of the bottom of the can
3. Tie a string of choice to a toothpick or paperclip
4. Thread the string through both holes in the cans
5. Begin educational play!
TIME: 30 MIN
Exploring STEM concepts of Sound and Density. Test variables like string thickness for the best DIY telephone.