Category: Engineering, 3YR+
Source: Happy Hooligans
GOAL: Help your child strengthen his buttoning and fine motor skills
- Colored felt length of ribbon button
- Needle/Thread (for attaching your button to the ribbon)
1. Cut a your felt into 2.5 inch squares. Ensure that your squares are a bit bigger than your button.
2. For toddlers, use a button that is about the size of a quarter. For older children you could use a smaller button
3. With your scissors, make a slit in the center of the felt square. This can be done easily by folding your square in half and making a small notch. Ensure your button will fit through this hole.
4. With a needle and thread, sew your button onto one end of your ribbon.
5. Slip one square of felt onto the button snake, and slid it all the way to the end of the ribbon. Knot it in place so it acts as a stopper.
TIME: 30 MIN
Practice fine motor skills through this play based learning activity!